New Hampshire is famous for its numerous mountain peaks and valleys. In the winter they are a skier's paradise.
There are very few trailside homes, but you can save upwards of $1 million or more with a home just a few streets away!
If you own a ski home, you are part of a ski community. In a ski community, you are surrounded by people who share your interests, and a community that cultivates the interests of its people.
- There will be ski and snowboard shops where you can buy new equipment, get your existing equipment tuned, or even work for a living.
- There will be restaurants and shops offering delicious breakfasts for you to fuel up on before your day on the slopes, and hot, filling dinners for you to enjoy after a hard day on the mountain.
- There will be equipment rental stores recreation equipment of all kinds; bikes, kayaks, snowboards, skis, helmets and pads, mopeds, etc.
What about Spring, Summer, and Fall?
Ski Communities in the off-seasons are the perfect places for outdoor recreation. With all of that space, beauty, and nature, they attract many people looking for an adventure.
- Hiking - New Hampshire has many, many mountains - an impressive 48 of them are over 4,000 feet high. For the East Coast, those are relatively tall mountains, and a lot of them take a good amount of effort to climb. There are smaller mountains as well, which are fun for children or those starting their journey to getting in shape.
- Cycling - The roads in mountainous regions tend to be very long with excellent views, curving gracefully around mountains and through valleys. On these roads you can maintain a steady speed and go for miles and miles.
- Mountain Biking - Mountain biking will exercise and tone just about every single muscle you have in your body. You will pedal hard around and over rocks and roots, your back and abs will tighten to withstand bumps, you will grip the handle bars hard so they don't slip away... It's a great way to keep in shape and have a nice adventure while you're at it!
- Lake Recreation - The majority of the mountain regions in New Hampshire have beautiful lakes in their midst. Many of these lakes have well kept beaches that are surprisingly popular in the summer. Also, you can be sure that there will be jet ski, kayak, canoe, and paddleboat rentals so you can go further out into the water.
- Other outdoor activities - The one thing the areas around ski homes all have in common is their large amounts of space. With this space, different communities have different activities available. Some have amusement parks, water slides, and alpine slides, some have golfing, others have horseback riding and petting zoos, etc. Every community is unique.