Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Verani Realty is a proud partner of American Home Shield (AHS), America’s #1 Home Warranty Company. A home warranty is an annual renewable service contract that provides protection and peace of mind, offering a safeguard for when certain essential household systems and appliances break.
How Home Warranty Coverage Can Help
- Add value and budget protection for buyers
- Provide peace-of-mind, particularly if inspections or contingencies were waived
- Give buyers a plan if covered items fail after closing
- Help manage the costs associated with covered home repairs
- Offer an increased level of risk management for agents
- Reduce stress for buyers and for agents
How AHS Seller Coverage Works
When it comes to selling a home, offering a home warranty in the contract is an excellent way to entice buyers. It can also help mitigate unexpected covered issues from the home inspection.
- Seller adds on the Seller Coverage Option. This option will help protect the home seller with the same covered items as the ShieldEssentialSM package.
- Sellers enjoy coverage for up to 6 months. Payment is not due until closing.
- The warranty transfers to the buyer and becomes effective at closing.
- Differentiate your Marketing Plan for the Seller from the others
Benefits of AHS Buyer Coverage
- Peace of mind for buyers, especially if inspections or contingencies were waived or the condition of systems or appliances is questionable
- A plan and a repair resource if items fail after closing
- Help for buyers with managing home repair costs and their household budgets
- No age limit on covered items
- A workmanship guarantee for completed repairs within 30 days of service